We are proud and very much pleased to announce the launch of something a wee bit different from The Hedgehog Poetry Press – a new, ad-hoc magazine, Stickleback.
The plan behind the magazine is to publish two flavours:
- Ad-Hoc Anthologies:
These will be available available for FREE in PDF form via our web site. I envisage at least one per month, but time will tell how that works out.
- Single Poet ‘Micro-Collections’:
These will be a spotlight on an individual poet and will be available as a FREE download in PDF form via our web site, but also appear as a Limited Edition pamphlet that can either be ordered from us for a princely £2 per copy, delivered to your door, if you have a door, or much more importantly, we would encourage people to buy them from the poet at readings or other events. If you buy a printed copy, it will come with a £2 voucher code that you can use against any collection we are selling on our web site.
These micro collection editions of Stickleback will have both a Limited Edition print run as well as being available to download for Free.
- Volume I: Gaynor Kane (October 2018)
- Volume II: Mick Yates (November 2018)
- Volume III: Phil Vernon (December 2018)
- Volume IV: Melissa Fu (January 2018)
- Volume V: Kate Garett (February 2018)
- Volume VI: CR Smith (March 2018)
By their nature these will be ad-hoc, but the following are initially expected to appear
- Introducing The Band (October 2018)
Sue Burge, Raine Geoghegan & David Mark Williams
- Ode To A Hedgehog (November 2018)
- The Fauxlaroid Chronicles (December 2018)
- Introducing The Band : Volume 2 (January 2019)
Kristin Garth & Karen Dennison
- Dear Whoever (February 2019)
- The Day That Is Today (March 2019)
- All Sticklebacks will be available for free from this web site in PDF form
- Stickleback is entirely by invitation at this point
- The schedule given above is what I currently expect to release under the Stickleback ‘banner’, however they will arrive when they arrive, so please do join our mailing list HERE as they will each be announced as they become available
- Print editions will be a Limited One-Time run, so if you wish to buy one, get them while they are hot. More seriously, they will be cheap and gorgeous and if people buy them, they will keep coming.
- As ever Cult members will receive all of the printed editions in advance of their release