It goes without saying that 2020 has given us all a chance to ponder – to look at the world we live in and the lives we lead and make a few decisions about how these should look as we move forward.
‘Looking Out, Peering In’ asks you to use a metaphorical window to look out at the world or peer into your life and share with us your feelings, ideas, conclusions or dreams for a different world.
This is a single poem competition, with the shortlisted poets to be featured in an anthology.
All poems must be received by 11.59pm on the 30th of September 2020, with a single winner:
- Receiving £100 in Prize Money
- Receive 500 copies of their poem beautifully printed in Artcard form, and
- See their poem entered into the Forward Prize Competition
Additionally, all of the shortlisted poets will be invited to have their poem included in a special anthology , ‘Looking Out, Peering In’ to be published in Spring 2021.
The competition will be judged by Mark Davidson, Editor of The Hedgehog Poetry Press.
- Poets should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each
- All poems must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single file in Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection by a traditional publisher. Magazine published poems are acceptable as are previously self-published collections.
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 30th September 2020 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 30th November 2020