This, the Fourth in the series of White Label Collection Competitions, we are again searching for THREE poets who will see their first collection beautifully published in pamphlet form by the Hedgehog Poetry Press.
The first three competitions have seen us choose Twelve poets who have or will soon be published and for first collections, we humbly feel, that there is no better opportunity to see your work in print.
White Label collections are a series that we intend to use to provide a home to poets for their first collections, however we would like to stress that there is no age limit or profile as we start to search for these.
Additionally, there are No Restrictions if you have previously self-published a collection, you are still invited to enter.
So whether you are 17 or 70, have just come to poetry or are returning to it after living a life, we really want to read you.
There are no age limits on talent and to my mind life experience counts for a lot. (Deadline: 29th February 2020)
Each winner will be published by The Hedgehog Poetry Press and receive 100 copies of their collection.
The competition will be judged by Mark Davidson, Editor of The Hedgehog Poetry Press.
- Poets should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Select upto 20 of your best poems. The collection can be of a variety of poems or follow a single theme.
- Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each
- All poems must be submitted by email to COMPETITION@HEDGEHOGPRESS.CO.UK in a single file in Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection by a traditional publisher. Magazine published poems are acceptable as are previously self-published collections.
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 29th February 2020 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 31st May 2020