There aren’t many truly great ideas left in the world of Poetry, but we (very humbly) like to think that the Tree Poets Series is one of them. Aiming to find Three wonderful poets to share a single pamphlet, last year we launched our first competition of this type and were blown away by the quality of the entries. In fact we ended-up selecting 6 poets to share two pamphlets, both of which we will be publishing in the nearest of futures.
Never ones to let a good idea go to waste easily, we’ve decided to have another competition and I am proud to say that the search for the Next ‘Tree Poets’, to share our ‘Rivers of Stone’ pamphlet is well and truly open.
The theme this time is very much NATURE and we are looking for five poems from each poet and wish you all the very best.
Entries will be judged by Mark Davidson, Editor of the Hedgehog Press
- Poets should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Select Five of your best poems with a theme of NATURE
- Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each
- All poems must be submitted by email to email@example.com in a single file in Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection. Magazine published poems are acceptable
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 31st July 2019 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 30th October 2019