Love poems get a raw deal in the 21st Century and here at The Hedgehog Poetry Press we feel that it is time to bring the warmer side of life back into a cosy focus as we search for the finest Love Poetry of our times.
Eileen Carney Hulme was our winner in 2019 and this year we are again looking for a poem that tells the tale of the love of your life, whether that is after 50 years together or is about the one that got away and was poignantly left unrequited.
You can download last year’s special ‘Cupid’s Arrow’ Stickleback, here:CupidsArrow (97 downloads)
All poems must be received by 11.59pm on the 30th of April 2020, with a single winner:
- Receiving £100 in Prize Money
- Being invited to read their poem at the next Hedgehog Press Event
- Receive 500 copies of their poem beautifully printed in Artcard form, and
- See their poem submitted by the Hedgehog Press as one of our entries for this years Forward prize.
Additionally, all of the shortlisted poets will be invited to have their poem included in a special anthology of Love Poetry to be published later this year.
The competition will be judged by Mark Davidson, Editor of The Hedgehog Poetry Press.
- Poets should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each
- All poems must be submitted by email to email@example.com in a single file in Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection by a traditional publisher. Magazine published poems are acceptable as are previously self-published collections.
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 30th April 2020 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 14th May 2020