Love poems get a raw deal in the 21st Century and here at The Hedgehog Poetry Press we feel that it is time to bring the warmer side of life back into a cosy focus as we search for the Definitive Love Poem For St Valentine’s Day.
With entries limited to one poem per person, we are looking for a poem that tells the tale of the love of your life, whether that is after 50 years together or is about the one that got away and was poignantly left unrequited.
All poems must be received by 11.59pm on the 14th of February 2019, with a single winner:
- Receiving £100 in Prize Money
- Being invited to read their poem at the next Hedgehog Press Event
- Seeing their poem published in the Summer Edition of ‘A Restricted View From Under the Hedge’,
- Receive 250 copies of their poem beautifully printed in Artcard form, and
- Submitted by the Hedgehog Press as one of our entries for this years Forward prize.
The competition will be judged by Mark Davidson, Editor of The Hedgehog Poetry Press.
- Poets should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Select a Single Love Poem
- Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each
- All poems must be submitted by email to email@example.com in a single file in Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection by a traditional publisher. Magazine published poems are acceptable as are previously self-published collections.
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 14th February 2019 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 1st March 2019