Our ‘Songs To Learn and Sing’ Competition will see 20 Original Artists find their poem published as one of Twenty Golden Greats in our beautifully produced anthology.
The winning poem will earn the writer £100.
Two runners-up prizes of £25 will also be awarded.
The idea behind the competition is really simple:
- Choose a favourite song
- Steal the song’s title (but none of the lyrics!)
- Write a poem of up to 40 lines that either responds to the song or is your interpretation of what made you love it originally
- Enter the competition
It is as simple as that.
From there we will choose our favourite poems and they will be published in a square, 7″ Record style book, initially as a Limited Edition Deluxe ‘White Label’ and then as a Standard paperback.
- One winning Poem will see the writer win £100
- Two Runners-Up prizes of £25
- Everybody who has their poem included in the anthology will receive copies of both the Deluxe and Standard Editions
- All poems must be submitted by email to email@example.com in PDF, Word, TXT or RTF format After payment has been made via this web site.
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection. Magazine published poems are acceptable
- Your poem Must Not contain any lyrics or words from the original song
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 30th June 2018 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on 31st July 2018