Since we launched the Hedgehog Poetry Press, the main focus has been upon creating a home for poets that will let them see their work published as beautifully as we possibly can. In the main this is aimed at first collections and the magazines, but one thing I think that is really important for us to do is to also represent more experienced poets.
This competition aims to find a collection that we will publish that showcases the best of a poet’s career to date. This may be the traditional ‘Greatest Hits’ of a selected where the poet has had a number of collections already, or it may be drawn from a career of magazine or anthology publications that for whatever reason hasn’t culminated yet in a full collection.
I only see us publishing a single Selected/Neglected collection each year, but I am really aiming to find something, somebody special and I hope that it will be something we are able to do regularly in the future.
The winner will be published by The Hedgehog Poetry Press and receive 100 copies of their collection.
The competition will be judged by Mark Davidson, Editor of The Hedgehog Poetry Press.
- Poets should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Select upto 40 of your finest poems. The final book will be between 60 and 80 printed pages. The collection can be of a variety of poems or follow a single theme.
- All poems must be submitted by email to email@example.com in a single file in Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and you must retain rights to all of the poems. If you are unsure about this, it is your responcibility to check.
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 31st May 2019 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 31st July 2019