‘Prickly Shorts : A Short Story Competition’
I’ve long wanted something to run alongside the Sticklebacks that would rather than poetry, instead feature a single short story, wrapped up in a beautiful wee pamphlet. Until now I could never think of a decent name, and until things have names they aren’t real – so nothing happened.
I’m pleased then to say that I finally thought of a good one (at least in my opinion) and that 2020 will see us publishing a sporadic list of short stories.
As with the Sticklebacks, these will get a limited edition print run and then become available as Free to download PDFs.
I’m calling these ‘Prickly Shorts’ and this competition sees us look for the first three writers to be immortalised in them.
The authors will of course receive 100 copies of their pamphlet
As for the stories, they can be of any genre or style, but I like prose that has a poetic bent, and cool ideas that make me think more than twice, so make me think and then make me go wow.
Judged by Mark Davidson, Editor The Hedgehog Press
- Writers should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Select your best Short Story.
- Stories should be between 1500 and 5000 words
- All stories must be submitted by email to COMPETITION@HEDGEHOGPRESS.CO.UK in a single file in PDF, Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Cult members need only email their entry
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection. Self published work is acceptable.
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 31st January 2020 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 31st March 2020