There are many reasons to publish a selection of your poems in pamphlet form. They may have a single theme – pamphlets, like novellas are the writer’s best friend when it comes to making a single point, beautifully – or it can be a stepping stone to a full collection later on.
Our ‘A Slim Volume of One’s Own’ competition is looking to capitalise on just that as we ask poets – experienced or new – to present us with a selection of their work with a single focus. And by that, it doesn’t need to be a theme, it could as easily represent a Summer’s work or a passage in your life that is the beginning or end of things that you have captured in verse.
So whether you are 17 or 70, have just come to poetry or are returning to it after living a life, we really want to read you. Just make sure that you tell us something we don’t know.
There are no age limits on talent and to my mind life experience counts for a lot. (Deadline: 31st October 2020)
Each winner will be published by The Hedgehog Poetry Press and receive 100 copies of their collection.
The competition will be judged by Mark Davidson, Editor of The Hedgehog Poetry Press.
- Poets should enter the competition via the Hedgehog Poetry Press web site
- Select upto 20 of your best poems. The collection can be of a variety of poems or follow a single theme.
- Poems should be up to a maximum of 40 lines each
- All poems must be submitted by email to COMPETITION@HEDGEHOGPRESS.CO.UK in a single file in Word, TXT or RTF format, after payment has been made via this web site
- Entry is FREE for Cult members, who need only email their entry.
- All work must be your own and must not have been previously published in a book or collection by a traditional publisher. Magazine published poems are acceptable as are previously self-published collections.
- Judges decision is final
- Deadline for entries is 31st October 2020 at 11.59pm
- Competition results will be published on the Hedgehog Press web site and via our Email Newsletter on or prior to the 30th November 2020