Sabotage Reviews – the Sabateur Awards – Pitching a Hedgehog Press Showcase?

Home Forums Cult Talk Sabotage Reviews – the Sabateur Awards – Pitching a Hedgehog Press Showcase?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    gaynor.kane
    Participant

Wondering if there is must interesting in pitching an event for next year Sabateur Awards.
    As this probably won’t show I’ll post more in the comments.

gaynor.kane
    Participant

Here is the link, for information. Please comment if you’re seriously interested. An idea of the fee you would want. Obviously, we need to be wary not to pitch ourselves out of the water, so to speak. This would be a great platform to highlight the wonderful poetry coming from the press.

Saboteur Awards Festival 2020: How it looks this year

Thanks, as always, to Mark for making this community and creating so many opportunities!

Lorraine1956
    Keymaster

Will take a look as soon as I can. I am finally moving tomorrow so packing up again. have been living out of suitcases for the past three months and trying to keep up with my poetry. Speak soon.

Darren J Beaney
    Participant

I am certainly interested in this Gaynor!

gaynor.kane
    Participant

Great, I’ll check back on Thursday (I’m on holiday in Scotland at the moment).
    Good luck with moving Raine!

gaynor.kane
    Participant

Anyone else interested in pitching a Hedgehog event at the Sab awards?
    Submissions open tomorrow.

Darren and Raine, any idea what fee?

Lorraine1956
    Keymaster

Hi Gaynor,
    sorry I’ve not been back to you but what with moving and getting the last editing done for my book, there’s still a bit to do I’ve simply not had any time. I will take a look over the next couple of days and get back to you, regarding a fee. Remember the fee will need to cover, travel expenses and possibly acommodation for some? Have a super weekend. X

drvab
    Keymaster

I would be interested too, need to know the venue though, but sounds great. Valerie

Darren J Beaney
    Participant

Hi Gaynor

Sorry not to have got back sooner.

A 30 minute slot means there is not room for masses of poets, perhaps 5 or 6 max (which would give 6 or 5 minutes to read).

As for a fee – it would be good to cover expenses – how about £100 per poet?

have you got an email address so I can send my bio for part of the submission.

Darren

gaynor.kane
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I’ve done a bit of research about what my own fee would need to be and I think it’s probably not achievable. Factoring in the flights puts it up exponentially.

Sorry to suggest something and then back out. I’d love to be able to do it.

Darren do you want to take this forward? Happy to read over your pitch if you need another set of eyes.

My email is gaynor.kane@gmail.com

Happy Friday

Gaynor

Darren J Beaney
    Participant

Hi Gaynor

I have emailed you.

Emails from my work have a habit of going into spam folders, so if not in your inbox, please have a look there.

Cheers

Darren

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.